Parmesan Garlic Creamed Spinach
|2 (16 oz) pkgs frozen spinach|
|2 tbs butter|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|3/4 cup minced onions|
|3 cloves garlic, finely minced|
|1/4 cup sour cream|
|1/4 cup heavy cream|
|3 tbs fresh Parmesan cheese, grated|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|pinch of ground nutmeg|
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saute pan over low heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook, stirring frequently for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in sour cream and heavy cream and stir to blend.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and cook, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes. Do not boil.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and serve.