Parmesan Garlic Creamed Spinach
- 2 (16 oz) pkgs frozen spinach
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3/4 cup minced onions
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbs fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saute pan over low heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook, stirring frequently for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in sour cream and heavy cream and stir to blend.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and cook, stirring frequently for about 3 minutes. Do not boil.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and serve.