Pasta with Chicken and Olives
|1 (16 oz pkg pappardelle|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|1 (10 oz) pkg cherry tomatoes|
|3/4 lb skinless, boneless, chicken tenders|
|1 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce|
|3 tbs white balsamic vinegar|
|1 (3 oz) pkg julienne sun dried tomatoes|
|1 cup kalamata olives|
|1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped|
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and saute the onions. Season with salt and pepper. About 3 minutes.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and set aside.
- Cut the chicken into large chunks and add to the skillet.
- Sear the chicken over medium high heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer until chicken is just cooked through. 5-8 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cherry tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sun dried tomatoes and olives and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta to 4 individual plates and top each with the sauce,
- Garnish with fresh parsley.