Pears with Caramel Sauce
- 1 (28 oz) can pear halves in juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tbs corn syrup
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 tbs toasted pecans, finely chopped
- Whipped cream for garnish
- mint leaves for garnish
- Drain pears, reserving 1/4 cup juice and set pears aside.
- Bring reserved juice, brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter to a boil in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Boil for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Place pears in individual dessert dishes , then spoon sauce over pears and sprinkle with pecans and garnish with whipped cream and mint leaves.