Pickled Red Onions
|2 medium red onions, halved, thinly sliced|
|1 cup red wine vinegar|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|3 tbs sugar|
|1 tbs kosher salt|
|1 tsp coriander seeds|
|1/2 tsp mustard seeds|
|1/2 tsp black peppercorns|
These onions are wonderful in salads or on sandwiches.
- Add all ingredients, except for the onions in a large sauce pan.
- Using high heat bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the onions.
- Allow the onions to come to room temperature, then place in a glass jar or covered plastic container.
- Refrigerate and allow onions to set for 12 hours or overnight.
- Use onions as desired.