- 2 medium red onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
These onions are wonderful in salads or on sandwiches.
- Add all ingredients, except for the onions in a large sauce pan.
- Using high heat bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the onions.
- Allow the onions to come to room temperature, then place in a glass jar or covered plastic container.
- Refrigerate and allow onions to set for 12 hours or overnight.
- Use onions as desired.