Pineapple and Toasted Sesame Beef Salad
- 1/2 lb tenderloin steak, grilled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 10 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup canned mandarin orange segments, drained
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Pour the sesame seeds into a sauce pan and toast until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Mix the seeds with the oil, vinegar and juice and mix well.
- Combine the lettuce, sprouts, carrot and oranges in a serving bowl.
- Top with the steak slices and pour the dressing over, then season with salt and pepper.