- 1 heart or romaine
- 4 whole pita breads
- 4 tbs pizza sauce
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (2 1/2 oz) can black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup balsamic or Italian dressing
- 12 thin slices pepperoni
- red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Rinse Romaine heart and dry.
- Place pita bread directly on oven rack to crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Spread 1 tbs pizza sauce on each pita and sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese, then place on serving plates.
- Coarsely shred romaine, place in a large bowl, then add mushrooms, tomatoes, olives, Parmesan cheese and dressing.
- Gently toss.
- Top pizzas with the salad mixture, and garnish each salad with 3 slices of pepperoni, Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.