- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb sweet or hot Italian sausage
- 1/4 lb pepperoni, chopped
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 eggs and 1 tbs of water, beaten for egg wash
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 pkg egg roll wrappers
We have taken traditional toppings for pizza and rolled them into egg roll wrappers.
- Remove the casings from the Italian sausage and add it to a skillet along with the ground beef. Saute until cooked through. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Add the cooked meat to a large bowl and add the salt, pepper, grated cheeses, pepperoni, basil, onion, Italian seasoning and marinara sauce. Mix well.
- Mean while fill a large sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- To assemble the rolls place an egg roll wrapper on a floured surface and place several tbs of the filling in the center.
- Brush the edges with egg wash, then tuck in the ends and tightly roll the press to seal the rolls.
- Fry the rolls in batches for about 5 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- To serve cut rolls in half on a bias.