Poached Pears with Honey and Blue Cheese
- 4 pears,, peeled, halved and cored
- 3 cups dry white wine
- 1/4 lb blue cheese
- 1-2 tbs honey
- fresh thyme, for garnish
- toasted pine nuts, for garnish, optional
This is a sweet and savory dessert.
- Peel the pears and cut them in half.
- Use a teaspoon or melon baller to remove the core from each half.
- Warm the wine in a pot and add the pears. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler, then spoon the pears from the liquid and place in a baking dish.
- Fill each pear half with cheese then drizzle with honey.
- Broil the pears until the cheese begins to melt, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh thyme and pine nuts over the pears and serve.