Pork and Chorizo Burgers with Pineapple and Sriracha
|1/2 lb chorizo links, casings removed|
|1 lb ground pork|
|1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs|
|1 large egg, beaten|
|2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped|
|2 tbs red or orange bell pepper, minced|
|2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|6 pineapple ring about 1/2 inch thick|
|6 poppy seed hamburger buns or Kings Hawaiian rolls|
|fresh cilantro leaves for garnish|
|for the Sriracha aioli|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1 clove garlic, minced or pressed|
|1-2 tsp Sriracha chili sauce|
- Remove the casings from the chorizo and add to a large bowl, add the pork and all other ingredients except for the pineapple and buns.
- Mix well, then form into 6 patties.
- Grill over hot charcoal or stove top until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Mean while add the pineapple to the coals and grill for 2-4 minutes per side or until grill marks appear.
- To make the Sriracha aioli, combine the garlic and 1-2 tsp of Sriracha and mix well.
- Serve burgers on buns slathered in sauce along with fresh arugula on top.