Potato Skins with Pancetta and Gorgonzola
|4 large baking potatoes|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2-3 tsp paprika, plus extra for sprinkling|
|3/4 cup Pancetta or bacon|
|6 tbs heavy cream|
|1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|Tossed green salad|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes, then prick a few times with a fork and place directly on the top shelf of the oven.
- Bake for at least 1 hour until cooked through.
- Set the potatoes aside until cool enough to handle, then cut in half and scoop the flesh into a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix together the olive oil and paprika, and use half to brush the outside of the potato skins.
- Place the skins on the baking sheet and cook for about 5 minutes or until crisp, turning as necessary.
- Heat the remaining paprika flavored oil and gently fry the pancetta until crisp.
- Add to the potato flesh along with the cream, blue cheese, and parsley.
- Halve the potato skins, and fill with the blue cheese filling.
- Return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes to heat through.
- Sprinkle with more paprika, and serve with mayonnaise, chili sauce, and a green salad.