- 1 8 lb bone-in rib roast
- 3 tbs kosher salt
- 2 tbs black pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season meat all over with salt and pepper, then place roast bone side down in a roasting pan.
- Place beef in oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and continue roasting for about 1 and 1/2 hours for medium or 135-140 degrees. Adjust roasting time according to desired doneness.
- Add 1 cup of beef stock to the roasting pan and place on the stove top. Turn the heat to high and using a wooden spoon scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Strain and reserve the juice.
- Transfer roast to cutting board, loosely tent with foil and let rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice roast against the bones into 8 serving pieces.
- Transfer to plates and pour reserved juice over each piece.