Provencal Roast Chicken
|1 (3 to 3 1/2) whole chicken|
|1 tsp olive oil|
|1 tbs herbes de provence|
|2 tsp black pepper|
|1 1/2 lb small red potatoes, cut into fourths (about 10-12)|
|2 medium zucchini (cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces|
|1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped|
|1 (14.5) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano. (drained)|
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken, breast side up, in an un-greased shallow roasting pan.
- Grate peel from lemon, then cut the lemon in half and squeeze and reserve juice.
- Reserve lemon halves .
- In a small bowl, combine lemon peel, lemon juice and oil, mix well.
- Drizzle half of lemon mixture over chicken, then sprinkle and pat herbs de Provence and pepper over the skin of the chicken.
- Place lemon halves inside the chicken and using butcher twine tie the legs and tail together.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, zucchini, olives, tomatoes and remaining lemon juice mixture, toss to coat.
- Arrange the vegetables abound the chicken in the pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly before cutting.