Puerto Rican Shrimp Fritters
|2 cups flour|
|2 tsp baking powder|
|1 cup water|
|1 tbs annatto oil or annatto powder|
|1/4 cup onion, minced|
|1 tsp kosher salt and 1 tsp black pepper|
|1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped|
|1 1/2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1 cup cooked shrimp, diced|
|vegetable oil for frying|
- Sift flour and baking powder into a medium bowl.
- Add water annatto oil or powder and stir until smooth.
- Stir in onions, peppers, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Fold the shrimp into the batter.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees and carefully drop batter by tablespoons into the oil and fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with cocktail sauce, hot mustard or hot pepper sauce