Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter, sugars and pumpkin spice in a large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, pumpkin and vanilla, mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended, then stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 13 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes then place on wire racks to cook completely.