- 1 (14 oz) pkg mini cucumbers
- 3/4 tbs kosher salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbs whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- Slice the cucumbers into 1/4 inch rounds and toss in a large glass bowl with the salt.
- Meanwhile, set the sugar and apple cider vinegar in a saucepan with the cloves and star anise.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Allow the apple cider vinegar mixture to cool slightly before pouring mixture over the salted sliced cucumbers.
- Allow mixture to steep for 10-20 minutes. (longer if you want a more intense flavor)
- Serve pickles chilled or at room temperature.
- Pickles will last for 3 days, covered in the refrigerator