Quick Tomato Relish
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup red onions, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs raw sugar
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, then grate the ginger and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and gently saute the chopped onions, grated ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper, about 5 minutes.
- add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar and sugar and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the relish into a 1 pint preserving jar and tightly close and let cool.
- Will store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.