Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, more if needed
- Jarred roasted red peppers, for garnish
- thinly sliced basil, for garnish
- Add all ingredients except for the olive oil to the bowl of a food processor.
- With the food processor running drizzle in the olive oil in a steady stream.
- After you have added 1/4 cup of olive oil, check the consistency to make sure that it is smooth.
- If it is not as smooth as you would like it continue to run the processor and add more olive oil until desired consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Cover and chill and bring to room temperature before serving.
- Garnish with roasted red pepper slices.