Red Wine Marinated Flank Steak
- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs dry red wine
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a glass dish whisk together all ingredients, except for the steak.
- Add the steak and turn to coat. Marinate steak for 2 hours at room temperature,turning several times.
- Preheat broiler, remove steak from marinade and broil until desired doneness is reached. 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Transfer steak to a platter and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.