Renee’s Candied Sweet Potatoes
|3 pounds of sweet potatoes|
|Kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs of unsalted butter|
|4 tbs brown sugar|
|2 tbs maple syrup|
|1/2 cup orange Juice|
|1/2 cup of molasses|
|1 tsp Cinnamon|
|Miniature marshmallows to cover|
- Boil the potatoes until almost tender.
- Drain the potatoes until cool enough to handle
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a baking dish
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2 inch rounds
- Layer the baking dish, and season each layer with salt and pepper, butter cut into small pieces, brown sugar, maple syrup and molasses.
- Cover and bake until well glazed. About 40 minutes.
- Uncover and add Marshmallows and bake for another 5 minutes.