|1 (16) oz package of pizza dough|
|2 tbs flour|
|2 tsp caraway seeds|
|1 cup thousand island dressing|
|2 cups corned beef, shredded|
|1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained|
|2 eggs beaten, for the egg wash|
These calzones are stuffed with corned beef, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 pieces, then roll each piece into a 8 inch circle, using flour as needed to keep dough from sticking.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp caraway seeds onto each round, pressing in lightly.
- Spread 3 tbs of the dressing onto each calzone, leaving 1/2 inch space around the edges.
- Place 1 slice of cheese onto 1/2 of each circle, folding cheese if necessary to fit.
- In a large bowl, mix the the corned beef and sauerkraut, then spoon mixture over cheese.
- Brush the edges of each circle with water and fold calzones in half.
- Seal edges with a fork and cut 2 small slits on the top of each.
- Brush the tops of each calzone with egg wash.
- Transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.