Roasted Beef Tenderloin
- 1 (3 lb) beef tenderloin
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper for coating
- Roll the tenderloin in lemon juice, the season on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil and butter to a hot oven proof saute pan and brown the tenderloin on all sides.
- Allow to cool slightly then using lengths of kitchen twine tie the tenderloin at 4 inch intervals. This will help to retain its shape and ensure even cooking.
- Place the tenderloin back into the saute pan and place in a 425 degree preheated oven. Cook for about 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 130 degrees for medium rare.
- Remove from oven and place on a platter and tent with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
- Note: If desired you can make a wonderful pan gravy. Add 1 shallot chopped to the roasting pan, along with some diced mushrooms, 2 cloves chopped garlic, thyme and white wine. Using medium heat stir with a wooden spoon removing brown bits from the pan and combining ingredients. To finish the sauce add a little heavy cream and stir to combine.