Salmon Burger with Avocado and Spinach Pesto
|2 salmon filets, about 1 lb total|
|1 (15oz) can cannelloni beans|
|1 (8 oz) pkg baby spinach|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese|
|2 tbs capers|
|4 sesame seed hamburger buns|
These burgers can be prepared in advance and re-heated easily.
- Cut salmon into large chunks.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Add salmon, beans, half the baby spinach, mustard, 1 tbs olive oil, salt and pepper to the food processor and grind finely.
- Using wet hands, shape the mixture into 4 burgers.
- Heat 1 tbs of olive oil in a saute pan and fry the burgers for 10 minutes on medium heat, or until golden brown, turning halfway.
- While the burgers cook, clean the food processor, then add 1 cup spinach, feta cheese, capers and remaining oil and pulse to make a pesto. Add more oil if necessary, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pit and slice the avocado.
- Split the buns and spread the bottom halves with the spinach pesto.
- Top with remaining spinach, salmon burgers and avocado and top bun.
- Serve passing the extra pesto separately.