Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips
|1 lb of yukon gold potatoes|
|vegetable or peanut oil for frying|
|kosher salt to taste|
|1 tbs vinegar powder, available at specialty food stores|
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice potatoes very thinly, then let soak in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and repeat process with remaining potatoes, then dry the potatoes completely.
- Fill a sauce pan or deep fryer 1/3 full with oil and heat to 320 degrees.
- Working in batches fry the potatoes, taking care not to overload the pan.
- Stir the potatoes gently until they are golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked potatoes to paper towels and season with salt and vinegar powder.