Salt Grilled Shrimp
|1 lb large head, shell and tail on, legs removed|
|1 extra virgin olive oil|
|about 1 cup kosher salt|
This method grills the shrimp in a cast iron skillet covered in a salt base.
- Add the shrimp to a large bowl and pour olive oil over. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile add a 1/2 inch layer of kosher salt in a cast iron skillet.
- Once shrimp have marinated, heat the skillet using medium- high heat.
- Add the shrimp right on top of the salt and grill for about 2 minutes per side or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve the shrimp with lemon wedges.