Sausage Stuffed Manicotti with Tomato Sauce
|1 (26 oz) bottle of marinara sauce|
|1/2 cup water|
|1 1/2 lb Italian sausage links, sweet or hot|
|14 uncooked manicotti tubes|
|2 cups mozzarella cheese,shredded|
|1 cup ricotta cheese|
|1/2 cup Parmesan cheese|
|2 tbs chopped parsley|
|1 tbs dried oregano|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, then spray a 13 x 9 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce in the baking dish, then add water to remaining sauce in jar and mix well.
- Cut sausage links in half lengthwise and remove casings.
- Add the ricotta cheese, oregano and parsley,then incorporate into the sausage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape each piece of sausage into a roll, then stuff into the uncooked manicotti.
- Place the stuffed manicotti on sauce dish and pour the remaining sauce over, then cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes, then uncover and sprinkle with Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese are melted.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.