- 1/2 lb cooked baby shrimp
- 1/2 lb cooked squid rings
- 1/2 lb cooked octopus, cut into chunks
- 1 can of chopped clams with juice
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno or Serrano pepper, chopped (the heat in jalapenos is unreliable, Serrano's are preferable)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- zest from 1 lime, grated
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a version of salsa that is perfect with crispy chips and cold Mexican beer. 6 servings.
- Add all ingredients to a large non reactive bowl and gently mix well.
- Refrigerate covered for 1 hour before serving.
- Taste and re-season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with crispy tortilla chips.