Secret Garlic Butter
|1 lb unsalted butter|
|2 large heads roasted garlic|
|1 large head fresh garlic|
|1 tbs garlic powder|
|1 tbs kosher salt|
|1 tbs Italian seasoning|
This garlic butter is pure magic. It can be used draped over seafood, shellfish, chicken or pork. It is intense with fresh and roasted garlic flavor. It may be frozen for future use.
- Place two garlic heads in a 12 x 12 sheet of aluminum foil then drizzle with olive oil. Seal the foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the skin and add to a food processor.
- Meanwhile remove the cloves from the fresh garlic head and add the the food processor.
- Add the garlic powder to the food processor along with the salt and Italian seasoning.
- In a small pan melt the butter, then add the olive oil.
- With the food processor running slowly drizzle in the butter mixture and puree until the mixture is well combined.
- At this point you may use the garlic butter immediately or you may freeze it for later use.