Shrimp with Country Ham in a Butter Wine Sauce
|1 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on|
|1/2 stick unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|2 shallots, minced|
|1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped, plus extra for garnish|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 cup country ham, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup seasoned ap flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Dredge the shrimp in the seasoned flour and knock off excess.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a large saute pan and heat using medium high heat.
- Add the shallots and garlic and saute for about 2 minutes, then add the shrimp and cook for another 2 minutes, turning once.
- Add the ham and saute for another minute, then add the white wine and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Reduce mixture by 1/2, then transfer mixture to a serving dish.
- Garnish with extra parsley if desired.
- Serve over white rice.