Shrimp with Honey Citrus Ginger Marinade
- 1/2 lb extra large shrimp, shell on
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- lemon wedges for garnish
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- butter lettuce leaves for serving
- Add shrimp to boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Do not over cook.
- Cool the shrimp and peel, leaving the tails intact.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together honey, lemon juice ,zest and ginger.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over shrimp and gently toss.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled with on butter lettuce with lemon wedges.