Shrimp with Honey Citrus Ginger Marinade
|1/2 lb extra large shrimp, shell on|
|1/4 cup honey|
|1 tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|lemon wedges for garnish|
|1 tsp fresh lemon zest|
|butter lettuce leaves for serving|
- Add shrimp to boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Do not over cook.
- Cool the shrimp and peel, leaving the tails intact.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together honey, lemon juice ,zest and ginger.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over shrimp and gently toss.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Serve chilled with on butter lettuce with lemon wedges.