Shrimp Salad with Coconut Cream
|1 cup whole milk|
|1 cup grated unsweetened coconut|
|1 tbs vegetable oil|
|1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped|
|2 shallots, minced|
|1 tbs peanuts, chopped|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 lbs medium shrimp, cooked and shelled|
- In a sauce pan, combine the milk and coconut and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat immediately and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Press the mixture through a sieve to extract the cream, then discard the pulp.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over high heat, and saute the peppers and shallots until soft. 3-5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and add the peanuts, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cream from the coconut.
- Arrange the shrimp on a platter and pour the dressing over.
- Chill before serving.