Shrimp Salad with Coconut Cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup grated unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 tbs peanuts, chopped
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, cooked and shelled
- In a sauce pan, combine the milk and coconut and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat immediately and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Press the mixture through a sieve to extract the cream, then discard the pulp.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over high heat, and saute the peppers and shallots until soft. 3-5 minutes
- Remove from the heat and add the peanuts, soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cream from the coconut.
- Arrange the shrimp on a platter and pour the dressing over.
- Chill before serving.