Slow Cooker Boston Baked Beans
|16 oz dried great northern beans|
|4 cups water plus more for soaking|
|6 slices bacon,chopped|
|1 cup onion, diced|
|1/2 cup regular molasses|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|1/4 cup packed light brown sugar|
|2 tbs Colemans dry mustard|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Add the beans and enough water to cover by 2 inches to a large bowl.
- Soak overnight then drain.
- To a large slow cooker bowl, add the bacon then the beans, Sprinkle the onions on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk the molasses, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour in 4 quarts of water and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker bowl.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours then lower heat to low and cook for another 2 hours.
- Taste and re-season if desired.