Slow Cooker Boston Baked Beans
- 16 oz dried great northern beans
- 4 cups water plus more for soaking
- 6 slices bacon,chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup regular molasses
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbs Colemans dry mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Add the beans and enough water to cover by 2 inches to a large bowl.
- Soak overnight then drain.
- To a large slow cooker bowl, add the bacon then the beans, Sprinkle the onions on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk the molasses, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour in 4 quarts of water and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the slow cooker bowl.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours then lower heat to low and cook for another 2 hours.
- Taste and re-season if desired.