Spanish Shrimp and Cheese Omelet
|1-2 tbs milk|
|2-3 tsp smoked paprika|
|1/2 lb cream cheese, cut into small cubes and softened|
|1/4 lb shredded mixed Mexican cheese|
|1 stalk celery, finely diced|
|1/4 small onion, diced|
|4 large button mushrooms, stems removed and finely diced|
|unsalted butter for saute|
|2 dollops of sour cream for serving|
|Salsa for serving|
|Cilantro leaves for garnis|
|1/4 lb cooked baby shrimp|
- Whisk the eggs along with a tbs of milk and a dash of smoked Spanish paprika. Set aside.
- Add a knob of butter to a saute pan and cook the onions, celery and mushrooms until onions are translucent. About 5 minutes. Set aside
- In a non stick pan using medium heat add a little butter, then add the beaten egg. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes, lifting eggs by the edges to let the liquid eggs run under the almost cooked egg.
- At this point add the vegetables and shrimp on one side of the omelet along with half of the cheeses.
- Gently fold over the omelet, remove from heat and sprinkle the rest of the cheese over.
- Place pan under a hot broiler and melt the cheese topping.
- Garnish with sour cream and parsley leaves.