Spanish Garlic Chilie Shrimp
|1 lb medium shrimp, tail on, shells removed|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|6 -8 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|5 large cloves garlic, sliced|
|1 medium dried red chili, chopped or 2 tsp red chili flakes|
|1 and 1/2 tbs lemon juice|
|1 and 1/2 tbs dry white wine|
|3 tbs flat leaf parsley, minced|
This is a common tapa in Spain. These shrimp are cooked quickly in small flame proof dishes called cazuelas over a hot flame.
- Shell the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Season with salt and a little pepper.
- Heat the oil, garlic and chili pepper in a cazuela or in a saute pan over medium high heat.
- When the garlic starts to brown slightly, add the shrimp and cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- After 1 minute stir in the lemon juice, white wine and parsley.
- Serve on attractive appetizer plates, drizzled with some of the remaining sauce along with crusty bread for dunking.