Spiced Caramelized Pears
|1 vanilla bean|
|4 bosc pears|
|3 tbs butter|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1 tsp ground cinnamon|
|1/2 tsp ground ginger|
- With the tip o a paring knife, split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise.
- With sides of the knife, scrape out seeds and place in a medium bowl. (reserve vanilla bean halves)
- Peel the pears then halve lengthwise and core.
- In a 12 inch non-stick skillet, heat the butter, reserved vanilla halves, and 2 tbs water on medium low heat until the butter melts.
- Add pears and turn to coat in butter mixture.
- Cook for 2 minutes, turning pears over occasionally.
- Sprinkle the sugar, cinnamon, and ginger around the pears, stirring into cooking liquid.
- Cover skillet and cook 3-4 minutes, until the pears are tender.
- Uncover and turn all pear halves cut side down. Cook for 1 minute until the pears are caramelized, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the pear halves to each of 4 bowls.
- Spoon some of the cooking liquid over pears.