- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 1 tbs pickling spice
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1-2 bay leaves, crushed
- 2 slices onion
- 2 tbs parsley, chopped
- 2-3 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs dry white wine
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
This is one of the most flavorful spiced shrimp recipes that we have ever encountered.
- Fill a large pot with water and add the first 6 ingredients.
- Bring to a rapid boil and add the shrimp and cook for 1 or 2 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink.
- Remove the shrimp from the heat, drain and retain spices with the shrimp and return to a bowl.
- While still hot coat the shrimp with olive oil, stir in the vinegar and mix well.
- Add the garlic, and a pinch of the remaining herbs if desired.
- Toss, cover and refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight.