Spicy Cilantro Pesto
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, including stems, chopped
- 1 large bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped stems included
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped, taste for spiciness and adjust accordingly
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup of walnuts or nuts of your preference
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients except for the olive oil to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process the mixture until not quite smooth.
- While the food processor is running drizzle in the olive oil.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.