Spicy Curried Sea Scallops
|1 lb sea scallops|
|1 and 1/4 cups dry white wine or dry vermouth|
|3 tbs butter|
|3 tbs flour|
|2-3 tsp hot curry powder|
|1/4 cup heavy cream|
|Buttered bread crumbs|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|Optional garnishes: Radish batons, mixed micro greens, watercress etc.|
- Broil the scallops in the white wine and vermouth for 3 minutes.
- Drain them, reserving the liquid and add the scallops to a glass baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the flour, curry pepper and cayenne.
- Add 1 cup of the cooking liquid and heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the scallops, cover with buttered bread crumbs and brown quickly under the broiler.