Spicy Curried Sea Scallops
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 and 1/4 cups dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs flour
- 2-3 tsp hot curry powder
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Buttered bread crumbs
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: Radish batons, mixed micro greens, watercress etc.
- Broil the scallops in the white wine and vermouth for 3 minutes.
- Drain them, reserving the liquid and add the scallops to a glass baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the flour, curry pepper and cayenne.
- Add 1 cup of the cooking liquid and heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the scallops, cover with buttered bread crumbs and brown quickly under the broiler.