Spicy Hot Pepper Relish
- 3-4 Jalapeno or Serrano peppers
- 4 large shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- kosher salt to taste
- Roughly chop the shallots and peppers and add them to a bowl of a food processor.
- Add garlic and vinegar, then pulse to combine.
- Add the sugar and tomatoes to a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook over high heat for 10 minutes or until relish reduces slightly.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Allow relish to cool to room temperature before storing in a glass jar or plastic container.