Spicy Hot Pepper Relish
|3-4 Jalapeno or Serrano peppers|
|4 large shallots, roughly chopped|
|2 tbs garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup white vinegar|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes|
|kosher salt to taste|
- Roughly chop the shallots and peppers and add them to a bowl of a food processor.
- Add garlic and vinegar, then pulse to combine.
- Add the sugar and tomatoes to a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook over high heat for 10 minutes or until relish reduces slightly.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Allow relish to cool to room temperature before storing in a glass jar or plastic container.