Spicy Jamaican Rice Salad
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup dark raisins
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 3 tsp curry powder
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 habanero pepper, seeded and finely minced
- Lettuce leaves for serving
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, raisins, onion, curry powder, salt, black pepper, turmeric, and sugar.
- Stir in the bell pepper, habanero and cold rice.
- Chill for at least and hour, then serve on lettuce leaves.