Spring Baby Potatoes with Tomatoes and Olives
|1 lb baby potatoes|
|4 tbs olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic|
|1 green, red or orange bell pepper|
|2 tsp oregano|
|1 (14) oz can tomatoes|
|1/4 cup pitted black olives|
|2 tbs chopped parsley|
- Peel the potatoes, then heat oil in a frying pan and saute the potatoes for 5 minutes.
- Slice the onions into rings, chop the garlic and cut the pepper into strips.
- Add the onion, garlic, pepper and oregano to the potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the onion turns golden brown and the vegetables have softened.
- Add the tomatoes, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, covered for 25 minutes.
- Add the olives and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley for garnish.