Spring Market Veggie Rolls
|1/2 head red cabbage, shredded|
|1/2 head white cabbage, shredded|
|2 carrots, cut into match sticks|
|1 cup daikon radish, grated|
|1 cup asparagus, julienned|
|1/2 cup fennel, sliced thin|
|1/2 cup fresh cilantro|
|1/2 cup fresh parsley|
|1 yellow pepper, diced|
|juice and zest of 1 lemon|
|juice and zest of 1 lime|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|20 spring roll wrappers|
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together, then season with salt and pepper. Let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Press and massage all ingredients together until they are all wilted.
- In a shallow dish add hot water and dunk the spring roll sheets in it until softened.
- Dry the sheets on a clean towel.
- Place 1/4 cup of the vegetable mixture on a spring roll sheet and roll it up tightly. Continue until all the mixture is used up.
- You may serve as is with a soy dipping sauce or you may fry the rolls for about 3 minutes in 350 degree oil for a crisp roll.
- If you decide to fry the rolls, skip the step of softening the sheets in water.