- 1/2 dozen clams per serving
- Melted butter
- cooking broth
- Let clams stand in salt water for 15 minutes, then drain.
- In a large sauce pan add about 1/2 inch of water, bring water to a boil, then add a steamer basket.
- Add clams, cover tightly and steam over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until shells open.
- Remove any sand from cooking broth by straining through several layers of cheesecloth.
- Serve clams with cups of cooking broth and melted butter.
- Note: Allow 1/2 dozen per serving.