Stir Fried Asian Vegetables
|2 tbs vegetable oil|
|1/2 lb dried Shiitake mushrooms ( re hydrated in warm water for 30 minutes, then squeezed dried and sliced )|
|1/4 cup bamboo shoots|
|1 small carrot, thinly sliced|
|1 small green, red, orange, or yellow pepper, sliced|
|1 cup broccoli florets|
|10 snow pea pods, halved on a bias|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|3/4 cup chicken stock|
|1 tbs cornstarch|
|dash of white pepper|
|2 cups of cooked white rice for serving|
- Soak mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes, remove and squeeze out excess water. Cut into 1 inch strips, set aside.
- Prepare all other vegetables.
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a wok or large sauce pan until hot.
- Add the mushrooms and all other vegetables and stir fry for several minutes.
- Add the sauce, salt and white pepper and continue to stir.
- Combine the warm soup stock with cornstarch and stir to dissolve cornstarch.
- Add the stock to the pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook for one minute, remove and serve over rice.