Stir Fried Chicken and Peppers with Rice
|1 cup white rice|
|1 yellow or orange bell pepper|
|1/2 lb button mushrooms, quartered|
|3 cloves garlic, chopped|
|2 tbs oil|
|1 (12 oz) jar roasted red peppers, cut into strips|
|1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts tenders|
|1/4 cup basil leaves|
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Slice the bell pepper into thin strips.
- Quarter the mushrooms and chop the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Stir fry the bell pepper, mushrooms and garlic for about 4 minutes.
- Drain the roasted red peppers and cut into strips, then slice the chicken tenders.
- Increase the heat to high and add chicken and peppers to the mushroom mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir fry for about 6 minutes.
- In a large bowl add the rice, then top with the chicken and vegetable mixture.
- Garnish with basil, then serve.