|3/4 cups sugar|
|1 tbs cornstarch|
|1 cup whole milk|
|3/4 cup heavy cream|
|2 1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries|
|2 tbs pomegranate juice|
Gelato can be made with a wide variety of flavors. This recipe use strawberry, but you may substitute other fruits.
- Stir sugar and cornstarch in a heavy saucepan, then mix in the milk and cream.
- Whisk over medium heat until gelato base thickens and begins to bubble, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into bowl and cool over ice, stirring occasionally.
- Puree strawberries in a food processor, then strain into the gelato base.
- Mix in pomegranate juice, then chill for 3 hours.
- Process the mixture in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Transfer to a container, cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.