- 2 inch piece of ginger
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1/2 cup honey, more if desired
- 4 lemons
This lemonade features fresh ginger and grapefruit and is sweetened naturally, with honey.
- Bring 1/4 cup water to a boil.
- Peel and grate the ginger into a bowl, add juice from the grapefruit and top with boiling water,
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, hull and slice the strawberries and set 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries aside.
- Place strawberries, ginger water, honey, and juice from 3 lemons in a blender.
- Add 3 cups water and blend until smooth. Pour liquid through a sieve into a jug.
- Slice the remaining lemon into rings and add to the lemonade with the remaining strawberries.
- For best results, store covered in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve over ice.