Summer Tomato and Bell Pepper Soup
|2 and 1/4 cups of V8 vegetable juice|
|1 1/3 cups ripe tomatoes, finely chopped|
|1/2 cup roasted red peppers from jar, finely chopped|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbs red wine vinegar|
|1 tbs prepared horseradish|
|1-2 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced|
|dash of hot pepper sauce|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|4 1/3 thick rounds soft fresh goat cheese|
|6 grape tomatoes, cut in half|
|2 tbs basil, thinly sliced|
|additional extra virgin olive oil for drizziling|
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled. About 2 hours.
- Ladle soup into 4 bowls and top each with 1 goat cheese round and 3 grape tomato halves.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and basil.
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve.