Sweet and Sour Shrimp
|1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|2 stalks celery, cut on a 1/2 inch bias|
|2 tbs butter|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|3 tbs cornstarch|
|1 tsp paprika|
|2 tsp fresh ginger, grated|
|1/4 cup soy sauce|
|1/4 cup white vinegar|
|2 cups pineapple chunks, with juice|
|1 green pepper cut into strips|
|1 large tomato, cut into small pieces|
- In a large skillet or wok, saute the onions and celery in butter until tender.
- Stir in sugar, cornstarch, paprika and ginger.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, pineapple and shrimp, mix well.
- Heat to boiling then reduce heat and simmer covered for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Add green pepper and continue cooking about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato and heat through.
- Serve with white rice.