Sweet Potato Chips with Mango Salsa
|1 large mango, peeled, pitted , cut into chunks|
|8 cherry tomatoes, quartered|
|1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, diced|
|1 red onion diced|
|pinch of sugar|
|1 red chili, minced|
|2 tbs rice vinegar|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|Juice and zest of 1 lime|
|2 tbs fresh mint, chopped|
|2 1/2 cups thinly sliced sweet potatoes|
|Kosher salt to taste|
|Vegetable or peanut oil for deep frying|
- To make the salsa, mix mango with the tomatoes, cucumber and onion.
- Add the sugar, chili, vinegar, olive oil, lime zest and juice.
- Mix together thoroughly, cover and leave for about 60 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- Soak the sweet potatoes in cold water for 40 minutes to remove excess starch.
- Drain and dry thoroughly on paper towels.
- Heat the vegetable oil to 375 degrees in a deep fryer of deep saucepan.
- Fry the potatoes in batches for 4-5 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Drain the potato chips on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Stir the mint into the salsa and serve with the chips.