Tarragon Lemon Pan Sauce
|1 shallot, minced|
|1 cup chicken or fish stock|
|2 tsp Dijon mustard|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|2 tsp fresh tarragon|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
This sauce is wonderful on chicken or seafood. After you saute chicken of seafood this sauce is made with the remaining pan drippings.
- Once you have sauteed chicken or fish, remove all but 1 tbs of fat from the skillet, leaving any fond in the skillet.
- Place skillet over medium high heat, add shallot, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and mustard, scraping skillet bottom with wooden spoon to loosen fond.
- Simmer until reduced to 3/4 cup, about 3 minutes.
- Off heat, whisk in butter, tarragon, and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and keep warm until ready to use.